The main role of the Chinese into English will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling, and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to the source, style, terminology, and consistency). You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Actual translations from Chinese into English non-technical and technical texts.
- Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the Chinese source.
- Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc…) Previous experience and/or familiarity with the technical and Ul terminologies (English, Chinese & Spanish) for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
- IT – Computer software & hardware
- Telecommunications (Cellphone Manuals & Ul)
- Technical Engineering
- Marketing translations for the fields mentioned above
Note: Technical text will be provided with glossaries, TMs, and sufficient reference files to aid in translations.
- Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
- Mature & Professional
- Hardworking & Dedicated
- A strong writing portfolio (please include 1–2 writing samples with your application)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Pro-active, Confident and Organized
- Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
- Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
- Good communication skills (English & Chinese)
- Has a passion for translations and linguistics
- Keenness for electronic devices, particularly smartphones
- English Native speaker with profound knowledge of the local culture.
- Advanced Chinese level;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
- Has at least three years of experience as a translator in the ICT industry.