Localization EngineeringWith one of the largest localization engineering teams for pre- and post-translation processing, programming, encoding, and bug fixing, our technical capability is our key strength.
I am only looking for translation services, why do I need localization engineering?
CSOFT’s localization engineering specialists are thoroughly trained in L10N processes and have extensive experience working with software GUIs (graphical user interfaces), online help, documentation, websites, CMS, and TMS.
Localization is more than just translating words in a document. Text extractions, TM leverage, fuzzy match analysis, file format conversions, terminology mining, and resource file compiling all require technical know-how and experience. Expert localization engineering ensures that a localization project will run more efficiently, and ultimately lead to a reduced turnaround time and translation cost.
We use a variety of tools and technologies to increase efficiency in both translation and localization engineering. Specifically, our localization engineering specialists excel in the following software:
Development environments include:
MS Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.net, Delphi, Borland Builder, Borland J Builder, My SQL, Oracle, X-code, CMS, WorldServer, TMS, Trados, SDLX, Front desk, Catalyst, RC-Trans, WIN-trans, Multilizer, Lingual byte, Deja vu, Powerglot, iLocalize, QT Linguistic
We have the right tools to do the job right.
In addition to applying the industry’s best practices in our localization productions, our engineers have created more than 300 tools that allow our team to automate many of the most common L10N tasks. This inclues text extractions from customized file types and re-use of engineering memory. Tasks conducted by our localization engineers include:
- File prep and analysis (word count, TM leverages)
- Post file processing
- Programming in C, C++, .NET, Java, HTML, XML, JSP, Perl and other
- Compilation and engineering (software builds, dialog box resizing)
- Cosmetic testing
- File conversion (clean/un-cleaned files, preparation for DTP)
- Customization of TM tools
CSOFT’s Localization Engineering Specialists also excel in the following:
- Working knowledge of installation/configuration of multilingual OS and platforms
- Experience with a variety of development environments and programming languages such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Java and Linux
- Intimate knowledge of internationalization (i18n), Unicode and multi-byte character issues in software development
- Detailed understanding of database systems, scripting languages, and software graphical interface development
- Experience with different installation programs across different platforms such as InstallShield, WISE and InstallerMaker
Not sure how to start your translation project? Contact our team of experts and we'll provide you with all the guidance you need.